I decided to start this blog because I've been finding a lot of great recipes and I want to share them with you! And to be honest, I need somewhere to put all the recipes/pictures I've been storing on my computer!
I started baking a lot in August. I was spending the majority of my time sitting around on my computer trying to find a teaching job on WECAN...it was about as fun as it sounds. I soon realized that I ran out of jobs to apply for and I needed to find something to do with my time so, I started baking! I I always enjoyed baking but my old apartment had barely any counter space and a tiny oven.
It all began after a small disagreement with my roommate John. He wondered if I would use my cookie cutters often enough to keep them upstairs.... The next day, I decided to make sugar cookies. ;) I was reminded how much I enjoy baking! From there, I made blueberry cheesecake and multiple loaves of banana bread. After about a week of baking breads, cookies, and cakes, I decided I needed to start focusing on some actual meals. Although Kyle would occasionally eat the food, it was not going fast enough! Let's be honest, I'm not sure anyone would've been able keep up with the amount of food I was baking in a week! From there, I started making full dinners for Kyle & myself.
I wanted to start this blog because I want it to be a way for me to share with you what I love. I am no professional and everything I make doesn't turn out perfectly but being in the kitchen clears my mind of worries and makes me feel accomplished and empowered. I hope from this blog you can take away a recipe or two that makes you feel what I feel in the kitchen, happiness.
Sounds yummy. I'll taste test anytime! Mom
ReplyDelete