Foooooooood. I haven't been eating bad but not great either so I'm trying to get back on the healthy (healthier???) food track. It is so hard eating healthy! I would much rather goes to No. 1's for chinese food than have a salad! Anyone else feel my pain?!
I do want to share something amazing I just tried! I am a popcorn JUNKIE and I really try not to eat microwave popcorn because it doesn't seem as healthy as the homemade stuff and because of this article! (After doing some more research, I found the harmful chemical is used in the lining of the bag to make it grease resistant. ) I also think homemade popcorn tastes way better! So, when I was doing my student teaching, I had a woman that owned a popcorn store come in to talk to us about economics. She told us that you could make homemade popcorn in the microwave using a brown paper lunch bag. I was excited about the idea but hesitant that I would start my house on fire. Soooooo, I decided to try it at work the other day. ;) Good news- NO FIRE! This is how you do it.... (I'm not quite sure on the measurements because I usually just eyeball it. I'll let you know more specific measurements soon!)
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Prep Time: 1 minute Microwave Time: 3 minutes
Yields: 4 cups
Ingredients
brown paper lunch bags.
Popcorn kernels
oil
Directions
- Add some kernels to the bag. (maybe about 1/4 cup)
- Add some oil to the bag. (maybe about 1 tbsp.)
- Shake the bag.
- Lay the bag flat and make sure the kernels are in a single layer.
- Fold the bag twice.
- Put in the microwave for about 3 minutes. (Listen for the popping to slow. You know, just like with store bought microwave popcorn!)
- Enjoy however you like it!
Please try this. It is totally worth it. It is a lot quicker and easier than making it on the stove! It is also MUCH healthier than the store bought stuff! You will not be disappointed!
:) Missy
No comments:
Post a Comment