Trying to share the recipes that bring me happiness

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Crepes

I had the day off yesterday and decided to make crepes for breakfast! I'm not sure how I thought of them because I've never made them by myself before. I found a recipe for crepes on allrecipes.com (where I usually find recipes) and just tweaked it a bit.  Here is it:



Apple Cinnamon Crepes

Prep time: 10 minutes       Cook time: 20 minutes total (about 2-3 minutes per crepe)    

Yields:  8 crepes

Ingredients:

Crepes-
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. butter (melted)
1/2- 1 tbsp. almond extract
1 tbsp. sugar

Apple filling-
1 tbsp. butter
1 apple (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. powered sugar
cinnamon
all spice

1. In a small pan, fry the apples, butter, powered sugar, cinnamon, and allspice.  Use your judgement on how much cinnamon and all spice.  I usually put about 1/4 tsp. of each.   If you don't have all spice, you can use nutmeg.  Cook over medium-low heat until the apples are soft.  Once I see that they have soften I turn it down to low and fill the crepes as they are served.

2.  In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, milk, and almond extract.  I put about 1 tbsp. of almond extract in mine but you can use less if you don't love the taste of almond.  Then, add the  melted butter.   Lastly, add the flour and salt.  Mix until the batter is smooth.

3.  Heat a lightly buttered frying pan over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 of batter into the frying pan.  Immediately lift the pan and move it into circular motions to coat the frying pan evenly.  This needs to be done very quickly. If the batter is cooking too fast and you are unable to coat the frying pan, turn the heat down to medium-low heat.

4.  Cook the crepe for approximately two minutes, or until bottom is light brown.  With a spatula, carefully flip the crepe to cook the other side.

5. Remove from frying pan and fill with about 2 tbsp. of the apple filling.


I hope you try this recipe because it uses common household ingredients, it's easy, and it's delicious! Enjoy!!

Missy

*Kyle also wanted to inform you that the crepe might also taste good with a bit of whip cream [but what doesn't! ;) ]

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good....don't know if I'll ever make them though - not really a breakfast person. I'm excited to hear how last night's apple pie turned out!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I rarely have time to make breakfast but I took advantage of my day off! The apple pie post will probably be posted tonight so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Missy! I clicked on your crepe post off of Cory's Sweet Tides Life. Looks easy to make and sounds yummy. I'm going to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing. ~Cory's Aunt Kris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Missy!
    We made your crepes this morning. Yum! The only suggestions we had for the recipe were to put whether or not we should peel the apples? Also, you didn't say when to add the sugar into the crepes recipe. And, Brad almost put the amount of sugar needed as SALT! Yikes! Caught him in time.
    :) Now we're ready for a new recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete